New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

How I keep my computer clean and running smooth

Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 1 of 69
1. Download, Hijack This Run it, post the log in a fresh thread.
Cajun or JohnD are excellent at reading them. {Do the Hijack This only if you are having problems to begin with.] John and Cajun may kill me.
2. Purchase Good router. I got the D-Link and is very easy to use, inexpensive, I like it very much, (Why a router, VERY GOOD FIREWALL) I only have one computer. I got it for the firewall.
3. Completely uninstall all security programs.
4. Download and install NOD32, there is a free trial period and the purchase price is $39.00. Re-newel, $23.40 a year. This is a very small, but effective program. It does it’s own live updates as they are released.
5. Download and install, either Firefox or Mozilla. I have both, but prefer Firefox, Less of a coolie issue. With these two browsers, there is not need for a pop up blocker, comes built in.
6. I also have Spybot S&D, Spyware Blaster, and Adware, just to be on the safe side.
7. And the companion to Firefox is Thunderbird E-mail program, I like it very much.
Good luck,

Naddie

I did this in Word and it did not copy the links. Smiley SadSmiley Sad

Hijack This.
NOD32.
Firefox.
Mozilla.
SpybotS&D.
Spyware Blaster.
Adware.
Thunderbird.

Message was edited by: Naddie

68 REPLIES
Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 2 of 69
1. Why clog up the forum with preemptive hijack this logs.

2. Just because it is a router does not necassarily make it a good firewall.

3. Why uninstall to put #4 on.

4. There are free firewalls and av programs which are as good or better.

5. right

6. good

7. ok
Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 3 of 69
Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 4 of 69
I will have to agree with fredtam on item #1. A person should have a good reason to post a HijackThis log. There are too many help forums which are overloaded with these and dont have enough people to analyze them. There is an online "self analyzer" available now which is fairly accurate but marks a number of items as "questionable" and thus would require further investigation. It even flags Comcast's Security Manager as "nasty".
Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 5 of 69
Ok, I just figured that a nice clean system would be a good idea. Will add a little to that line. Thanks.

Naddie
Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 6 of 69
Naddie, I know your intentions are good, as well as many others that do post. I admit, I don't post alot or respond as often as I should. I also agree with JohnD's statement, "There are too many help forums which are overloaded with these and dont have enough people to analyze them." That's why I posted this, http://forums.comcast.net/thread.jspa?threadID=22057&messageID=207856#207856, without any feedback. Doesn't matter if there was any replies, just a suggestion. But I felt John's response need further backing.

I think its great that JohnD and Cajun take THEIR time to help very new people, newbies, that hear through the grapevine the service they provide. I myself applaud their efforts. You provide a value service as well when asked, or what you respond to.

Good stuff, might I suggest one should have a cache of security related websites. One I like is http://www.doshelp.com
But don't take my word for it, ask a Comcast Forum Expert, or goto http://www.dslreports.com/
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Signature courtesy of Bladerunner
Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 7 of 69
To add to #3 and #4

Free Antivirus and Firewall programs:

EZtrust
avast
AVG
panda(if you are affiliated with a government, corporation or educational institution)
kerio
sygate
Zone Alarm
Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 8 of 69
The main reason I did not list most of those, is because, I have seen too many posts on them with problems. I have yet to see a negative post on NOD32.

Naddie
N/A

Message 9 of 69
I don't like Nod32, actually I was going to get Nod32 till I downloaded the trial, too many problems, could not complete a hard drive scan or anything like that. I have norton antivirus, use the windows xp built in firewall, and use pestpatrol. I have not had any problems with what I have, although I will say this I have had trojans that norton antivirus 2003 did not detect. Trend Micro Pc Cillin, would probably go with that if I ever got rid of norton.
Message was edited by: Metmichallica
Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 10 of 69
Just my 2 cents worth:
EZtrust lets in trojans
Avast and Zonealarm, are just royal pains in the arssSmiley Happy
Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 11 of 69
NOD32 is constantly scanning. That is one of the features that I like about it.

Naddie
Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 12 of 69
Insert tongue in cheek...

Gee, Naddie

I've downloaded all that software, but I can't seem to get hardly any of it to work!

Firefox does OK, but my machine doesn't seem to be able to run any of the .exe files. Fortunately, I don't seem to be troubled by any of the problems these programs are aimed at, but I wonder what the problem is.

Maybe I should call Apple support?

Smiley Wink
Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 13 of 69
Or just put on your hot pants, turn up the Village People and redecorate your house instead.

*>Apple
Posted by
Contributor

Message 14 of 69
Hmmm, Fred, sounds like my typical Friday night!
Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 15 of 69
Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 16 of 69
There are three things that you should never discuss if you don’t want a fight on your hands: Politics, Religion and … Anti-Virus. For some STUPID reason people get irrationally angry if everyone on the Internet is not using THEIR brand of anti-virus.

In my opinion, all AV out on the market are very good products. Yes, no software program is perfect so each has its defects. Some say Norton is bloat, NOD does well except with Trojans, KAV is slow, McAfee forces you to keep the security weak ActiveX enabled, etc, etc.

The important thing is to get any AV on the market (there are over two dozen of them) and KEEP IT UPDATED. Competition is forcing all of these companies to offer very good products, these companies are at war with each other and they truly are, in my opinion, ALL excellent products. Just get one, keep it updated, and use it. (And PLEASE don’t rush into this forum and try to convert us all to your political party, religion, or ANTI-VIRUS). Thank you take care.

Acadia
N/A
  • You have posted 10 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 17 of 69
and something that is not listed at all is that good old thing called common sense " think befor you click" jmho thanks naddie your advice is well taken
Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 18 of 69
, Judy, Commen sense, hmm, you either have it or you don't. IMHO.

Naddie
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 19 of 69
Acadia, Right On!! Thanks....
N/A

Message 20 of 69
For one computer you bought a router? The main purpose of a router is to connect two or more computers to a computer and share an internet connection, and the firewall part protects all the computers hooked up to that network, say if you had two or more computers it may come in handy, you may get another one one day who knows. We have three computers, and paying for 3 internet connections run into expense. We are getting them networked on wenesday, and it will be a lot cheaper than what we are paying now.

You know windows xp firewall already has a firewall, and when sp2 rolls out from what I read online, we will really see improvements. You don't need a router, if you just bought it and you don't plan on getting another computer for some time I would take it back, and get your money back.
Message was edited by: Metmichallica
Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 21 of 69
Yes indeed, I bought a router for ONE computer. I had two firewalls, one on the XP and one that came with NIS. NIS is a mess this year, and the one firewall by it self if not good enough.
I spent less for the router and will not have to renew it every year. The NOD32 is a very nice small program and not very expensive to renew. So do the numbers. I have a better firewall and my system is not loaded down with excess software that I do not need. I boot in no time flat now. My system is squeaking clean, and I am one happy camper. Take it back LOL I think not.

Naddie
Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 22 of 69
NIS is a mess this year, and this

UUUUGGGGHHHH......stop saying stuff like that. And this:

EZtrust lets in trojans
Avast and Zonealarm, are just royal pains in the arss

It is great that you have found an AV program that you like however misinformation is not a good thing to be spreading on a forum filled with noobs. When they see your 7000+ they may mistakenly think you actually know what you are talking about.
Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 23 of 69
I'll contribute my 2 pennies on the topic.....

I use NOD32. Love it, works like a charm.
**faster boot up
**autoscanning
**less bloated than Norton's ( only uses 2 processes )
**have yet to get '0x800CCCOF error in OE using it '
**auto updates itself

I am not really into getting those 'other' browsers to surf with

** WindowsXP SP2 has great updates coming up with IE and Windows firewall.
** I find IE is still a faster browser when it comes to pulling up pages.
** If you want to download Windows Updates/Critical updates, you have to keep IE uptodate anyways, so I just continue to use that.

Currently only using Windows XP SP2 (RC2) firewall. Have no issues with it so far.
Getting a router is still a good idea for its firewall features and makes it a lot easier to connect up another computer if a buddy wants to come over and do some gaming.... etc...

As far as spyware removal, the only one I use is AD-AWARE
Its free, and does its job very very well.
Posted by
Most Valued Poster
Most Valued Poster

Message 24 of 69
Fox...just a suggestion...download Spybot Search & Destroy and run a scan and see if it finds anything that Adaware missed..my bet is that it will...for a virtually unbeatable combo run both...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Heroes aren't born...they volunteer...
Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 25 of 69
It is great that you have found an AV program that you like however misinformation is not a good thing to be spreading on a forum filled with noobs. When they see your 7000+ they may mistakenly think you actually know what you are talking about.

Fredtam, I do not post anything unless I have experienced it. I simply posted what I have found to work, and it works very well for me. And yes in this case I do know what I am taking about.

Naddie
Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 26 of 69
Yes, I agree, Spybot will find what adware misses.

Naddie
Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 27 of 69
I'm sorry Naddie. I missed the "I'm using NOD32 and it is great" thread. I'm replying to the one where you more or less instructed people to dump what may be a very good security suite to go to NOD32. You know. This thread.
Please tell me more. I'm willing to learn. What are the problems with E-Trust, NAV, avg, etc.?

I am not campaigning against NOD32. Quite the contrary. I am saying that it is not the only or necassarily the best option.

Oh and as an example rememeber how you ditched firefox (some others did to) because it was "buggy". Turns out it was user error and it wasn't FF that had the bugs. You jumped the gun then and you have done it now.
Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 28 of 69
I didn't tell anyone to dump what they have. THAT is NOT my place. I said, what works for me. I said, that I have seen many, many posts with poroblems with a lot of the popular AV programs. I said that, I have not had any with NOD32. That is all that I said.

Naddie
Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 29 of 69
> I didn't tell anyone to dump what they have. THAT is
> NOT my place. I said, what works for me. I said, that
> I have seen many, many posts with poroblems with a
> lot of the popular AV programs. I said that, I have
> not had any with NOD32. That is all that I said.
>
> Naddie

You know you can scroll up and see what you typed but for the sake of expediting things here you go:

3. Completely uninstall all security programs.
4. Download and install NOD32, there is a free trial period and the purchase price is $39.00. Re-newel, $23.40 a year. This is a very small, but effective program. It does it’s own live updates as they are released.
Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 30 of 69
That is what I did. Lordy, lordy, Smiley SadSmiley SadSmiley SadSmiley Sad

A recipe = some of this and some of that, in steps, You add some of this and drain some of that. A recipe

Naddie
Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 31 of 69
> Hmmm, Fred, sounds like my typical Friday night!

Sorry got distracted. Pics of the hot pants?
Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 32 of 69
My two cents: In my opinion EVERYONE on broadband should be behind a router (hardware firewall) even if you only have a single pc. The fact is routers with built-in firewalls do a better job of protecting you than software firewalls especially the firewall contained in WindowsXP. Even MS admits there are better FWs but they are beefing up their FW in the next Service Pack release due out very soon. However, that beefing up may simply mean that it is turned on by default whereas now it is not. It's been very hard to get any information on it. But even with a hardware firewall (router) you should have a software firewall to block outgoing baddies such as Trojans, a router only blocks incoming. Even the Comcast technician who put in my Broadband uses both kinds of firewalls. Over paranoid? Perhaps, but I feel it's better to be safe than sorry especially with some of the horror stories I have heard of Identity Theft.

As far as NOD goes, I used NOD for two years and liked it. I especially recommend it for older systems that need to conserve on System Resources. However, like I said earlier, no software program is perfect and the complaint about NOD (indeed one of the very few complaints) is that, while it does an EXCELLENT job with viruses, it is a little on the weak side with Trojans. However if you also use a fully dedicated Trojan scanner, like I and many others use, this becomes a non-issue. For people contemplating switching to NOD you can go here for more information:
http://www.wilderssecurity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16

I no longer use NOD myself but can highly recommend it, but then again, I have used seven AV thru the years and can recommend them all, it depends upon your special circumstances, like I said, I can especially recommend NOD for older, slower systems. Everyone, no matter what you use, good luck and don't forget to practice safe hex (computing).

Acadia
Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 33 of 69
I was only giving my two cents worth on these 3 Anti-Viruses, because I had tried them.I said nothing of the others on the list, for I know nothing about them. No where in my message did I say that anyone should dump them or not try them!! I just basically stated that I didn't like them. Maybe I should have been more forth coming as to why, maybe that is why my statement upset you so.For that I am sorry and will now explain.(um just a note though,I have few posts, which lets people know I'm new at this, so how about givin me a little break huh)You were new once too Yes?? Smiley Happy Ez-trust let Trojans into my puter, and did not inform me nor did they show up when doing a scan.I knew nothing about them bein there until I decided to switch back to McAfee. I believe those trojans, corupted some of my files, hence having to reformat my harddrive. Avast fought with everything, and to top things off, when I had thought I had gotten rid of it, low and behold, many files from that software remained, little did I know at the time that I had to go to the Avast web site and get something that would take the rest out. (Hense the statement that it is a pain in the arss.) ZoneAlarm also let trojans in,, it did tell me that they were there when I did a scan, but the point is , it let them in , in the first place!! Hope this clears up any possible misunderstandings Smiley Happy Smiley Happy
Posted by
Security Expert

Message 34 of 69
I'd avoided this topic...

But here's my take.. On most everything Naddie's correct..

As far as AV goes... Well that's sheerly a matter of personal choice and how well it works for you but I will give my take on a few..

1) Norton.. Norton is an okay antivirus but I have found that too many of the people I help with hijackings have that AV install.. Norton does not recognize the the dll spawning viruses (and that's what they are!) as viruses
see this: http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,10626078~mode=flat?
Then there's my other complaint about norton.. The email glitches causing spam to get stuck on the server during scans... (the dreaded 0X800CCC0F error)

2) NOD32 has a good rep and does a better job of finding the boredline spyware/vira than Norton.. (I haven't cleaned up many NOD32 users PC's)

3) Panda.. It's what I use and it works for me.. Now I can't say for sure it would protect me from the dll spawners but I'll likely never find out.. I do practice safe hex!!

4) AVG yep the free one.. They are attempting to address these borderline vira and doing it at a much better rate than many of the pay AV's

5) Trendmicro is also making an effort to deal with the borderlind vira.. (The only one I've dealt with was only a partial success)

6) BOClean (an AT, not an AV) is probably the most successful at preventing these vira and is pretty good at removing this as well..

I would also like to take a moment here to reccomend a couple of free antitrojans that are a great help but are still not perfect at removing the borderline guys

a2 free http://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/free/
and ewido http://www.ewido.net/en/?

Now as far as mainstream vira goes.. Well it's about 6 of one and a half dozen of the other.. The real key here for any AV.. Is that it's only as good as its last update...

Oh and straight surfing safety, especially if you use IE, I would also reccomend spywareblaster and spywareguard from javacool

I would also reccomend IE-Spyad from Eric Howes (note that his site is a great place to visit for learning how to both resist and remove spyware) Eric is a well known antispyware advocate who has testified before congress and the FTC on this problem and also provides this list of rogue antispyware

Message was edited by: CajunTek
TANSTAAFL!!

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 35 of 69
I would like to give a plug for BoClean which is a product that CajunTek mentioned:
http://www.nsclean.com/boclean.html

I believe that Anti-Trojans are the great unspoken heroes of the security world; you simply don’t hear that much about them. I have used BoClean with several different anti-viruses and have never had any conflicts; they have always played well together. Quite frankly, if there ever was a compatibility problem, the anti-virus would have to go and I’d find another one: the BoClean stays on my system.

Like the infamous anti-virus wars, I am NOT going to recommend BoClean over other anti-Trojans, there are other great product out there, BoClean is simply the one that I settled upon using (easy and simple enough even for this idiot to use, a true set and forget program). Unlike the many, many excellent (in my opinion) anti-viruses to choose from, there are not yet that many truly excellent anti-Trojans, although their numbers are growing. Take care.

Acadia
Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 36 of 69
Hey Cajan, how did you edit your message? Am I missing an obvious Edit button somewhere?

Acadia
Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 37 of 69
Click on the little pencil icon in the upper right area of your post.
Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 38 of 69
LOL, thanks Michael. Like I said, I was missing something obvious.

Acadia
Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 39 of 69
Smiley Happy

That can happen! Glad to be of service.
Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 40 of 69
CajunTek I respect your advice/ comments. I do have a couple of questions though:

1. I think my computer is clean but I'm really not sure? What should I do first? Run Hijackthis and post a log?

2. I have a Netgear WGR614 wireless router. Does this mean I have a firewall and I don't have to use a software firewall?

3. I am currently using NIS 2004. I've heard that it is a mess this year. Should I dump it and find another security suite?

4. After I heard about the mess with NIS I was going to get NOD32 but then some guy said he was having trouble doing scans. I've heard that McAffee uses activeX, eztust lets in trojans, avast is a pain. UUUGGHH.. I'm confused. What do I do?
Posted by
Email Expert

Message 41 of 69
> Oh and as an example rememeber how you ditched
> firefox (some others did to) because it was "buggy".
> Turns out it was user error and it wasn't FF that had
> the bugs. You jumped the gun then and you have done
> it now.

I'm one of those who ditched FF and it wasn't a user error. It's bug in FF. It happens if you close FF while a page is still loading. When you open FF again you get the Profile Manager asking you to create a new profile and all of your bookmarks, extensions, etc. are gone. The only fix I know of so far is to create a new profile, close FF, find the previous "good" profile and copy it to a safe place as a precaution. Then reopen FF, get the Profile Manager again, delete the second profile, highlight the first (default) one and "Start Firefox". When FF was closed and opened again everything was back to normal and no Program Manager popped up.

I should be able to change my mind while a page is still loading with no problems.

mady
>

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 42 of 69
I started loading a long page and closed while it was loading. Works fine still.
Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 43 of 69
> > Oh and as an example rememeber how you ditched
> > firefox (some others did to) because it was
> "buggy".
> > Turns out it was user error and it wasn't FF that
> had
> > the bugs. You jumped the gun then and you have
> done
> > it now.
>
> I'm one of those who ditched FF and it wasn't a user
> error. It's bug in FF. It happens if you close FF
> while a page is still loading. When you open FF
> again you get the Profile Manager asking you to
> create a new profile and all of your bookmarks,
> extensions, etc. are gone. The only fix I know of so
> far is to create a new profile, close FF, find the
> previous "good" profile and copy it to a safe place
> as a precaution. Then reopen FF, get the Profile
> Manager again, delete the second profile, highlight
> the first (default) one and "Start Firefox". When FF
> was closed and opened again everything was back to
> normal and no Program Manager popped up.
>
> I should be able to change my mind while a page is
> still loading with no problems.
>
> mady

Thank you Mady. First off you that isn't the error I was talking about. Secondly you have made an excellent example of my point. "Oh my god I had a problem I need to switch browsers (or AV)". Well I have had a problem with them all. What should I do. Lastly the is a much easier fix for the problem you are describing and the cause is a little different than the one you have stated. The truth is out there. I'll give you a hint ctrl+alt+delete.
Posted by
Email Expert

Message 44 of 69
> Thank you Mady. First off you that isn't the error I
> was talking about. Secondly you have made an
> excellent example of my point. "Oh my god I had a
> problem I need to switch browsers (or AV)". Well I
> have had a problem with them all. What should I do.
> Lastly the is a much easier fix for the problem you
> are describing and the cause is a little different
> than the one you have stated. The truth is out there.
> I'll give you a hint ctrl+alt+delete.

That's the error that caused my problems, though I'm sure it's not the only one in FF. (Btw, I tried ctrl+alt+delete and it didn't work) As you say, there are problems with just about all browsers and we each have to find what works best for us. If I was the only using this computer I might stick with FF, but I'm not. The other person is a lot less computer-literate than I am and just wants a browser that works without having to learn to apply "fixes" or additional extensions. IE meets our needs, is easy to use and quite safe the way I have it set up.

More and more I see people jumping on the bandwagon of the latest new program and proclaiming it to be THE one everyone must use. There is no such thing. People should use what best works FOR THEM. And what best works for me is not necessarily the best; it's just the best for me. This goes for antivirus, antispam, antispyware, and email programs as well. Thunderbird is probably just as good as Pegasus or Eudora. Even Outlook and OE are very capable, powerful and safe email clients if configured correctly. It all depends on what the user feels most comfortable using and what best meets their needs. And never forget that the best of everything can still easily be defeated by the ignorance of the person on the other side of the keyboard.

I just think that, rather than anyone saying "You have to use this" or "That is best", it's much better to give people the means to make their own decisions.

mady
>

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 45 of 69
it's much better to give people the means to make their own decisions.

Thank you Mady.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 46 of 69
this is a great chat room
Just Me
Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 47 of 69
No you are confused. I'll help you out.

1. chat room, chatroom -- (a site on the internet where a number of users can communicate in real time (typically one dedicated to a particular topic))

or more appropriately

2. From urbandictionary.com :where ugly/fat/nerdy/smelly/hairy people with pimples come together to chat or find an online boyfriend or girlfriend

This however is a forum:

1. forum -- (a public meeting or assembly for open discussion)
2. forum, assembly, meeting place -- (a public facility to meet for open discussion)
3. agora, forum, public square -- (a place of assembly for the people in ancient Greece)

or

2.A tribunal; a court; an assembly empowered to hear and decide causes.
He was . . . more eminent in the senate than in the forum.
Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 48 of 69
Im going to hope both those posts were sarcastic...
Posted by
Security Expert

Message 49 of 69
> CajunTek I respect your advice/ comments. I do have a
> couple of questions though:
>
> 1. I think my computer is clean but I'm really not
> sure? What should I do first? Run Hijackthis and post
> a log?
Well not unless you've been through the rest of the READ THIS FIRST.. posting (steps 1-4) and you've found something that cannot be removed

> 2. I have a Netgear WGR614 wireless router. Does this
> mean I have a firewall and I don't have to use a
> software firewall?

Well It kinda depends on your surfing habits.. You have excellent inbound with both Stateful Packet Inspection and Network Address Translation.. Unfortunately this doesn't have any outbound filtering and if you ever get infected by a vira that wants to call home...
> 3. I am currently using NIS 2004. I've heard that it
> is a mess this year. Should I dump it and find
> another security suite?

This one I won't touch.. Is it working for you? Are you having problems? If you are worried about it's inability to find and remove spyware you could get ad-aware It's free and will take care of most of that problem..
>
> 4. After I heard about the mess with NIS I was going
> to get NOD32 but then some guy said he was having
> trouble doing scans. I've heard that McAffee uses
> activeX, eztust lets in trojans, avast is a pain.
> UUUGGHH.. I'm confused. What do I do?

If you do decide to change.. I think at this point that the top ones do include NOD32, as well as KAV (Kaspersky) and Trend Micro's PC-Cillin... (I still like Panda)
TANSTAAFL!!

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 50 of 69
Y'know, ChuckK was right, this forum does sound more like a chatroom

...but with a significantly higher percentage of good, accurate, and useful info