online now

discussions

Constant Guard Error Message

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 3 (2,342 Views)

Constant Guard Error Message

Everytime I start the computer I see the following message: "Could not load extension from 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Constant Guard Protection Suite\CHROME1.

2 REPLIES
Posted by
Security Expert

Message 2 of 3 (2,336 Views)

Re: Constant Guard Error Message

eam54 wrote:

Everytime I start the computer I see the following message: "Could not load extension from 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Constant Guard Protection Suite\CHROME1.

Best advice I can give is for you to uninstall Constant Guard.  If you have Norton installed, it will remain in tact.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you! I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.To learn more about XFINITY Forum Expert program click here.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Did this post help? Why not give it a kudo!!!Kudos Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you! I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.To learn more about XFINITY Forum Expert program click here.
Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. Expert Program
Posted by
Security Expert

Message 3 of 3 (2,332 Views)

Re: Constant Guard Error Message

A bit more research provided the following information:

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Chrome/thread?tid=1698b752340ccfde&hl=en

So it may just be a Chrome porblem, have you tried Internet Explorer or Firefox to see if it gets corrected when using either of those browsers.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Community Icon
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Did this post help? Why not give it a kudo!!!Kudos Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. Expert Program