members

online now

discussions

Can not activate Comcast Norton Internet Security on MacPro 10.12.3

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 4

I have a MacPro running version 10.12.3 and unable to activate Comcast NIS.  I am logged in to comcast and an activation pin is displayed.  I have used both the uninstall and the norton file removal script countless times now. I've searched for anything named "Norton" after the removal script and its been clean each time. After downloading and installing the Comcast NIS and after rebooting, the activation screen popups very briefly (~.5s) where a product key, code, and activation pin as options but jumps immediatly to my subscription has expired. I've tried to be fast and click on activation pin link without any success.  I did have a previous paid subcription but somehow I think it still knows that a retail product was installed dispite runing both the uninstall and RemoveSymantecMacFiles.zip each time. I'm also running windows 10 via VM on the same Mac and that installed without any issues.  Is there something else that I can check? 

3 REPLIES
Posted by
Security Expert

Message 2 of 4

Hi bah_loon,

I am not a MAC user, but I can suggest you contact Norton Support, explain to them what is happening and hopefully get it sorted out.  With al the info you need to pass on - the phone link (lower right corner) may be your best bet:

https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/norton-security-suite/5.0/contact?abproduct=Norton+Security+Suit...

Please let us know how things go.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 3 of 4

same issue here, I can't even seem to find the new download to reinstall it

Posted by
Security Expert

Message 4 of 4

retk9mp wrote:

same issue here, I can't even seem to find the new download to reinstall it

Try the following link:

http://constantguard.comcast.net/products-and-services/norton-internet-security/

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon