Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

CS Agent encourages clicking on email links

Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 1 of 2

After calling with concerns about a possible phishing email the customer service agent I was speaking to verified that I was me and could discuss my account over the phone. I told her the problem again and she again verified it was me and asked if I had any other questions. So once again I asked if they would ever send an email to me asking me to click a link to verify my account. She said yes and encouraged me to click the link. Of course prior to calling I had hovered over the link and found the target url to be very suspect. Even a conversation with a supervisor got me nowhere.

I've been a Comcast customer for many many years and never had a complaint. But this is a VERY serious lapse in judgement or lack of agent education or both. 

1 REPLY
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 2 of 2

And companies wonder why their so easy to Social Engineer. It's sad that they have people hired that have ZERO lack of any secruity concerns when it comes to the customer..and common sense.