members

online now

discussions

Box showing on Xfinity home screen

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 6

I use the Comcast Xfinity website as my home page. Over the past few days, I've had a rectangular box appear at the bottom right-hand corner of this home page. In the upper left-hand corner of the box are the words "Integration Analysis BETA" and then there are three oval buttons/links going from left-to-right in the center of the box. These three buttons are labeled "appsig is defined"; "fetchBids() arguments are correct"; and "amzn key value targeting not set." At the very bottom right-hand corner of the box is "Amazon Publishing Services." If I click on any of the three buttons/links, the Amazon Sign In page comes up, but with the label "Amazon Publishing Services", and asks for my e-mail address and password. Even though it appears to have the Amazon secure icon in the web address, I have not provided the requested information.

I would like to know if anyone knows why this is showing up on my Comcast/Xfinitiy home page, and how I can get rid of it. I've run different virus and malware scans and nothing is flagged. It has shown up on both of my computers so it is not a virus issue in 1 computer.

5 REPLIES
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2 of 6

Someone mentioned this a few days ago. https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-xFi/amazon-integration-analysis-beta-Xfinity/td-p/2977722

And an unhelpful moderator moved it without explanation. https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/My-Account-Sign-In-Xfinity/amazon-integration-analysis-beta-Xfinity/m-...

Add your voice and maybe assistance will be offered but don't hold your breath.

<--> U.S. Navy Vietnam Era veteran. You're welcome. <-->
Posted by
Security Expert

Message 3 of 6

It appears the post L1ngus refers to has been moved to the Xfinity Board for greater visibility - probably the board it should have been posted on originally.

I suggest Cody312 joins the discussion in the thread mentioned.

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/My-Account-Sign-In-Xfinity/amazon-integration-analysis-beta-Xfinity/m-...

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 4 of 6

I have had the same issue, but found if I "refreshed Firefox" the issue went away. (at least for now)  Good luck.

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 5 of 6

Yes I was getting the same thing and called Xfinity when I couldn't get it off. They told me to press the control, shift and delete buttons down on my keyboard at the same time.  A box will come up that says clear all history. You can also go to the top right of your screen where you see the 3 horizontal bars and click on that, then click on History and the same box will come up to clear the history. I checked the first 4 boxes which included Browsing & Download History, Form & Search History, Cookies, Cache. The last 3 were Active Logins, Offline Website Data and Site Preferences, which I did not check. So once you checked the first 4 then choose "Everything" on the Time Range at the top and then click Clear Now. Close out of that AND your browser then go back on and it should be gone. It has not come back since I did that. I use Firefox as my browser but you can do the same with whatever browser you use. Hope this is helpful. If you still have trouble after that, you can call Xfinity Customer Security Assurance Department at 888-565-4329 and tell them what is happening. They are very nice and will try to help you resolve the problem. Good Luck!

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 6 of 6