online now

discussions

Antivirus

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 5 (2,809 Views)

Antivirus

How do I download the antivirus software that comes with xfinity's internet service?

4 REPLIES
Posted by
Security Expert

Message 2 of 5 (2,807 Views)

Re: Antivirus

Use this link to download the Comast/Norton Security Suite:

http://xfinity.comcast.net/constantguard/Products/CGPS/norton/

Once downloaded, run Live Update until it returns 'No Updates Available'  (or similar wording), then reboot your computer. This will give you the latest version.

Wait a couple of minutes between updates to allow them to install.

"Once I talked to the inmates of an insane asylum in Hartford. I have talked to idiots a thousand times, but only once to the insane..."
Mark Twain

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you! I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.To learn more about XFINITY Forum Expert program click here.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Did this post help? Why not give it a kudo!!!Kudos Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you! I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.To learn more about XFINITY Forum Expert program click here.
Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. Expert Program
Highlighted
Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 3 of 5 (1,405 Views)

LoPhatPhuud wrote:

Once downloaded, run Live Update until it returns 'No Updates Available'  (or similar wording), then reboot your computer. This will give you the latest version.

LoPhatPhuud wrote:

Just read your reply on how to install Comcast Anti-virus, but what I would like to know is how to un-install it, as I don't remember downloading it anyway.  Don't recall seeing it in my Control Panel, but I started getting updates notices was how I knew it was on my computer.  I'm not saying there's anything wrong with the program but I already have a Anti-virus program and don't want more that one.

Thanks,

Wanda

wandamac
Posted by
Security Expert

Message 4 of 5 (1,398 Views)

It should be under 'Norton' in Add/Remove Programs. After running the uninstaller, reboot, download and run the Norton Removal Tool.

https://www-secure.symantec.com/norton-support/jsp/help-solutions.jsp?lg=english&ct=united+states&do...

"Once I talked to the inmates of an insane asylum in Hartford. I have talked to idiots a thousand times, but only once to the insane..."
Mark Twain

Community Icon
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Did this post help? Why not give it a kudo!!!Kudos Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. Expert Program
Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 5 of 5 (1,368 Views)

Thanks for your reply, guess Norton was just tryint to get me to buy their suite, as I had never downloaded it, or the comcast spyware. 

Take care,

wandamac