members

online now

discussions

Account Hacked/Compromised

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 3

Has anyone else had a problem with their account being hacked?  Mine was.  Someone was able to get into my account and change my user name and email address.  They changed the phone no., deleted my mobile no. so I wouldn't get notifications.  Using this email address they proceeded to get a credit card with emails going to them via my comcast email (NOT my primary email).  They were in the midst of trying to get another credit card but that company contacted me.  Within two hours yesterday a.m. I was contacted by two credit card companies because of "suspicious" behavior.

When I was changing my Comcast info. BACK to what it should be I was told to change my security questions.  When I went to do that the ANSWER to my security questions popped up!  Really?!  So now this hacker has answers to security questions I sometimes use on other sites.  Really?!  

I REALLY find it hard to believe Comcast doesn't have better security.  When I changed my password, I THEN got an email about the change - should have gotten one when someone was changing my email.  I believe they changed the email so that I would not get notifications.  And, they removed my mobile no. so I wouldn't get notifications.  Now I'm trying to add it back and it keeps saying "you already have this no....." but it's not showing it anywhere because it was removed from my account.

Beware!  Check your email if it's not your primary email account.

2 REPLIES
Posted by
Administrator

Message 2 of 3

Hi dwink2u -- Sorry to hear that your account got hacked like that. Never a good thing when that happens. If this does happen again, please contact our Security Assurance team for further assistance. They can be reached at 1-888-565-4329. 

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Visitor
Message 3 of 3

Today my account was hacked too but they only were able to change the phone number. Customer service and tech support are clueless and didn't understand I was hacked and didn't beleive it. Rediculous. I finally convinced tech to delete the phone number. I changed the pass and added the two-step verification. I agree they have sub-standard security and training.