Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

When will Norton security be available for High Sierra?

ANSWERED
New Poster

When will Norton security be available for High Sierra?

The Norton Security suite for Xfinity will not install on High Sierra.  When will it be available?

Accepted Solution

Re: When will Norton security be available for High Sierra?

Running live update did not solve the problem, but contacting Symantec and having a technition take control of my computer doing all kinds of downloads and reinstalls with specific file deletions did.  The technition was able to install the software, and it only took about an hour.  I'm happy now, I feel protected again.

View answer in context
Security Expert

Hi Hal_Cat,

I am not a MAC user, however I did locate the following info on the MAC Board on the Norton Forums: - it does appear to be old:

https://community.norton.com/en/forums/free-norton-update-macos-high-sierraupdate-stay-protected-pro...

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I saw that post.  After Norton put up a window telling me that I needed to uninstall all Norton files.  Which I did.  I do not have an option of updating at that time.  I just tried again to download from Xfinity.  This time the download installed.  I opened Norton and clicked on the live update option, and it ran for a while, finally came up with a dialog box "Norton Internet Security is unable to continue. Please restart your Mac to stay protected. If the problem still persists click here."  When I tried to restart the Mac, Norton had processes running.  When I click on the link, I get the window telling me to uninstall Norton.  I did a force quit on Norton, rebooted, and when I open Norton it says everything is wonderful. But I don't dare do a live update.

At no time were any "Free Upgrade" messages displayed.

Security Expert

Perhaps if you post on the Norton for MAC Board on the Norton Forums, you can get a better answer.  You can post there or you can wait and see if anyone comes along here that uses a MAC and has an answer.  Sorry I was not more help.

<EDIT> Just spotted this thread rferring to Comcst and High Seirra.

https://community.norton.com/en/forums/norton-security-76-mac-security-risk-and-fix-now

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Norton Expert

Hi  

Norton for mac available on the comcast website is compatible with Mac OS high sierra. The websit system requirement has not been updated yet but we have informed comcast already and this should change soon. 

Please do run a live update and see what happes.

Thanks

Anirban 

New Poster

Running live update did not solve the problem, but contacting Symantec and having a technition take control of my computer doing all kinds of downloads and reinstalls with specific file deletions did.  The technition was able to install the software, and it only took about an hour.  I'm happy now, I feel protected again.

Security Expert

Thanks for coming back and letting us know the solution to your situation - hopefully it will help others.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 10 kudos
  • 3 in conversation