Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

WIFI COMPRIMISED

New Poster

WIFI COMPRIMISED

Ijust recieved ared alert message from my NortonSecurity that my home network has ben comprimised. I changged my password to my wifi and it still is saing thee same thing. What shall i do?

Contributor

Re: WIFI COMPRIMISED

What exactly is the alert message (screen shot?) and is there a recommendation contained in it?  Have you run a security scan?

Joe V
(not a Comcast employee, just another paying customer)
Contributor

Are you getting this from the Norton mobile app? I searched and found this thread:

https://community.norton.com/en/forums/wifi-network-compromised-messages

I only skimmed the first page of it, but someone in that thread chatted with a Norton support person who said:

" This is actually an ongoing issue with the Norton Mobile Security App incorrectly detecting that your Network has been compromised. We are aware of this issue and is working on a fix for it. We are fully aware about this and our Engineering team is working on a solution to fix this problem. Rest assured that this will be resolved within the next 24-48 hours or will automatically apply as soon as the fix is available through Liveupdate. Rest assured your device is still safe while Norton is installed.

Your Network is still safe and secured. In the meantime, you can run scans through your Norton Mobile Security to make sure that your devices is free from any form of risks."

New Poster

Thank you and yes it's through my Norton mobile app
New Poster

I am getting the same message from nortons mobile & it Just updated today as well.
The message is "someone is actively attempting to decrypt this network."
Then it locks it and asks me to change networks. If i use any other xfinity wifi node (I've attemted it at 4 different towns in last 2 days) I get the same message. If i connect to my BAE network at work or the ATT nodes i Do Not get this warning.
Regular Visitor

I called Comcast and was told that it only meant that somene who saw the wifi name on the list of available wifi hotspots had tried to acces this network to use. It concerned me as earlier   in the day i had unistalled Norton and reinstalled it and it might have been open to invasion during the conversion. I also went to my settings and disabled the open (available wifi network )  indicators. I hope that this meant that my wifi netwok name wil no longer be visiable to others.

Security Expert

Hi ALL,

Please see the following post on the Norton Forums by peterweb (a Norton Guru who volunteers his time to assist others):

https://community.norton.com/en/comment/7874191#comment-7874191

Basically if you update your Norton Mobile to 4.1.0.4063 and rerun the scan, all should be fine.  If you need additional background info on what was occurring with other users, please feel free to read the 5+ pages of responses that preceeded his post.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 6 in conversation