Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Norton subscription has been canceled

Regular Visitor

Re: Norton subscription has been canceled

I went through the steps for total removal, and reinstallation. I uninstalled through Add/Remove Programs, then ran the Norton Removal tool, then installed ConstantGuard through the Xfinity site. It still shows up as ConstantGuard at first, and after running liveUpdate a few times it reverts to a normal version. I am never asked for a pin during installation, and it doesn't create the file in my Documents folder during installation, and I'm back to it asking to renew the subscription.

New Poster

I looked at the file in My Documents and the 2 PINs do NOT match.

What does "let us know" mean - who do I let know about the mis-match - or how do I let them/you know?

Security Expert

Hi oldladywhotwo,

Thanks for letting us know that the PIN numbers do not match.  We asked, basuically as information for truobleshooting purposes - trying to track down if PINs that do not match could be the cause of the the inactivation.

If you are asked for a PIN entry, use the one from the download - not the My Documents file.

You may also desire to try the following:

Please see the following Knowledge Based Article pertaining to your situation and try it on one of your systems:

https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/norton-security-suite/current/solutions/kb20100602120242EN_EndUs...

Use the advanced option (Remove Only) of the tool (Step 5) and then return (Step 8) to the NSS download page and begin the install.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

I still am not sure what my next steps should be to fix this problem. I don't like having my security system non-functioning.

Norton Expert

@Rinpengu, I've sent you a PM, please respond - I'd like to look at your account and see if I can help.

Frequent Visitor

UPDATE: It's been almost a month now and still not working, just someone collecting PIN numbers.  Has anyone had success getting Norton up and running again?

@oriole2015 wrote:

Same here. I've also noticed that my TV Apps that use the internet such, as YouTube aren't working

New Poster

Update: Still working Smiley Happy

Security Expert

Good news!

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

I'll address this to Jon in particular because he seems to be the one who is sometimes coming up with some solutions for some people (not all it seems however).  After now spending 8 to 9 hours talking back & forth with Norton and Xfinity/Comcast I was told on 4-27-18 by Norton that my problem would be sent to a special department where Norton and Comcast work together to resolve more difficult issues.  I was told that I would be called back in 3 to 4 days.  They gave me a new case # that they would refer to when they called.  Norton has taken control of my computer twice now and got stuck (and stumped) in the same exact spot that we (my husband, myself, and my son) did which was when it didn't like my pin #.   BTW, I did check and do NOT have 2 different PIN numbers.  It has now been 3 weeks since they promised me a call back, and they said they would have a solution when they did call me back.  Our computers have now been without protection for about 6 weeks, and I would probably be called stupid for letting it be unprotected this long.  I keep having hope but am near to giving up.  I hate to put out money for a different program when I am supposed to get a free subscription to Norton with a paid Xfinity subscription (which of course I do have). The last time I had a phone conversation, I first called Xfinity/Comcast, and when the gentleman I talked with couldn't help me, he put me through to Norton assuring me that 2 other people had just called prior to me and had the same problem resolved, so I could be assured that my problem would also be resolved.  In fact, he told me he would call me back AFTER I talked with Norton to be sure my issue was resolved.  He never called nor has Norton called me back as promised.  I'm totally frustrated at this point.  If I have to purchase another protection plan, it certainly won't be with Norton.  This is the first time I've ever written in about anything on-line so that shows my total frustation with lack of help from both Norton and Xfinity.

Norton Expert

@anni679

I'll send you a PM; I'd like to try to help!

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats