New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Norton expert (for MAC) help needed

ANSWERED
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Norton expert (for MAC) help needed

I saw this same issue on the actual Norton forum website and there has been no responses...I experienced the same issue twice...I have had a pop up indicating Norton Safe Web Extension for Safari is ready to install. I have this extension installed already.  Would this be a possible scam.  Thus far no expert from Norton has responded and I can't seem to find any other forum addressing this. 

Accepted Solution

Re: Norton expert (for MAC) help needed

Per Symantec - It is a legitimate Norton message. Unfortunately there seems to be something wrong with the implementation of the message box. It should have a do not ask again link that works, but some report it does not take effect properly. Norton is aware of this issue and is working on a fix.

https://community.norton.com/en/forums/possible-scam-about-norton-safe-web-extension
View answer in context
Norton Expert

Hi  

Regular Contributor

Attached is the screen shot from the other user on the Norton Forum. If I could get a screen shot it would look identical.
Regular Contributor

Per Symantec - It is a legitimate Norton message. Unfortunately there seems to be something wrong with the implementation of the message box. It should have a do not ask again link that works, but some report it does not take effect properly. Norton is aware of this issue and is working on a fix.

https://community.norton.com/en/forums/possible-scam-about-norton-safe-web-extension
Norton Expert

Hi  

Regular Contributor

Thanks for the response. I will let you know if I still experience any further issues.
Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation