Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Norton disappeared

New Poster

Norton disappeared

The norton icon appears in the (Microsoft windows 10) tray on my Dell laptop but nothing happens when I click on it. Shortcut I saved upon installation (a long time ago) claims it cannot find the application. Two Norton foloders , "Norton Security Suite" and "NortonInstaller" exist in the ProgramFiles(x86) folder, but none of the subfolders make any sense.

Any thoughts?

Tags (1)
Security Expert

Re: Norton disappeared

Hi grNadpa,

First a question - What version is your Norton Security Suite (NSS)?  On the main page of NSS, select Help and then ABOUT - is the version number 22.12.1.15?  If so you are on the current version.  If not, then please run LiveUpdate until such time as LiveUpdate responds, No updates found. 

Next, right click on your old desktop (shortcut) icon and select Properties from the drop down.  Verify the Target entry on the Shortcut Tab is a follows:  "C:\Program Files (x86)\Norton Security with Backup\Engine\22.12.1.15\uistub.exe" 

If the Target entry is not as shown, change it that listed above.  The important part is the version number being correct.  For example, if your shortcut target shows 22.12.1.104 or anything other than the current version (22.12.1.15), the shortcut will not work as it is redirecting to the incorrect location of the installation.

Please let us know what you find out.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation