Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Norton Virus Software not active?

Contributor

Norton Virus Software not active?

Had a real pain of a time dealing with trying to put in new modem. That messed up the Norton which comes with Comcast. It has red X next to the icon on my toolbar. Go to it and says my subscription isn't active. I check it and it says it's ok. But the icon doesn't refresh to be working or allow me to access anything on the Norton. What gives? I'll try restarting again. 

Contributor

Re: Norton Virus Software not active?

Restarting did nothing. But checking the subscription it said it was up to date and fine. But now I can't do anything with running scans or anything. It reamins with the box saying that the subscription isn't active. I'd uninstall and reinstall it if I knew where to find it again lol. 

Security Expert

Hi mws_1984,

See if the following helps you with the uninstall/reinstall:

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Internet/ANSWERED-How-To-Uninstall-Reinstall-Norton-Security-Suite/ta-...

If you need addtional help, perhaps the following may also prove helpful:

https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/norton-security-suite/current/solutions/kb20100602120242EN_EndUs...

Plese let us know how things go.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

@USAF_E-8_RET wrote:

Hi mws_1984,

See if the following helps you with the uninstall/reinstall:

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Internet/ANSWERED-How-To-Uninstall-Reinstall-Norton-Security-Suite/ta-...

If you need addtional help, perhaps the following may also prove helpful:

https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/norton-security-suite/current/solutions/kb20100602120242EN_EndUs...

Plese let us know how things go.

That worked very well. 

Security Expert

Good news! 

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

JUst hope I can get it to stay. I go on now and it was the red X. Go on it and it says something needs to be fixed with the quick scan. Let it run the fix and it couldn't complete it. So tried again and still didn't fix it. 

Norton Expert

Also, go ahead and run Live Update until it is current (from a clean install of NSS to current would be about 4-5 times, with a reboot in the middle).  Current is 22.14, which you can see in the help-about window.  There was an issue between 22.11 and 22.12 causing it to tell you that activation was required, which sounds like what you were running in to in the beginning. I had that issue cleared up, so you should be good there as well.

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 6 kudos
  • 3 in conversation