Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Norton Install

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

Norton Install

i have been trying to install norton after a clean install of win 10 but it keeps going to enter 13 digit pin to download. i chat with comcast they sent me to norton i chat with them they sent me to comcast for the pin . i have read other forums and followed there advice but still the same results. Thank you for any advice.

Accepted Solution

Re: Norton Install

I figured it out ....I had a pin in my norton account. For anyone else just sign in to your norton acc. then go to account settings and it will be listed there with your product. Thanks JonMcB_Norton...

I felt really dumb when I went to account settings and saw all my purchases..

View answer in context
Security Expert

Hi doublel67,

Please go to the following link and follow the instructions under Download Norton Security Online on your PC

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Anti-Virus-Software-Internet-Security/NEW-Norton-Security-Online-and-H...

Please let us know how things go.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Norton Expert

Sent you a PM.  

Regular Visitor

I figured it out ....I had a pin in my norton account. For anyone else just sign in to your norton acc. then go to account settings and it will be listed there with your product. Thanks JonMcB_Norton...

I felt really dumb when I went to account settings and saw all my purchases..

New Poster

I am also getting a request for a 13 digit pin.  I am signed into the Xfinity website with my comcast account. I am clicking the proper links and I get redirected to Norton's website to enter the PIN.  I just insalled Norton Security Online over the weekend and again I am getting the problem that says my subscription is canceled.  I thought I would just redownload the setup program.  I never get an option to sign in with my Comcast username/password.  I clicked the links reference in this post as well, same problem.

Security Expert

Hi heathb00,

<EDIT>  Another thought which should be tried first:

If NSO is functioning, Select the More Protection Square on the dashboard > select Manage and then the Manage My Protection Button > after redirection, it should  display a page Showing Devices > select the square associated with your system's name and it should display your PIN.

• Did you have a Norton Account set up previously for use with a retail Norton product or perhaps Norton Identity Safe Standalone?
  • Did you create a new (second) Norton Account when you installed Norton Security Online (NSO) ?
  • Do you by chance remember the previous (if any) Norton Account  emil address and password?
  • There is a new Norton Knowledge Base article pertaining to "Your Norton Protection is no longer active" whichi may also provde an answer: 

https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/kb20100602120242EN_EndUserProfile_en_us

Please let us know if any of this info helps.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

doublel67, glad you were able to resolve that problem! 

heathb00, USAF_E-8_RET brings up great points. Did you have an account before? If you sign into your norton account as doublel67, the pin should be located there. 

KenF

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 5 in conversation