Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

How do I obtain the 13 digit pin number for Norton Antivirus?

New Poster

How do I obtain the 13 digit pin number for Norton Antivirus?

Where do I find the 13 digit pin number for the Norton Antivirus?

Accepted Solutions

Re: How do I obtain the 13 digit pin number for Norton Antivirus?

Hi leprechaun67, Please see the instructions in the following link for installing Norton:

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Anti-Virus-Software-Internet-Security/NEW-Norton-Security-Online-and-Ho...

After clicking the link in step 3, you will see the following:

Welcome.PNG

As it appers you do niot have a Norton Account, select the Create an Accounta nd follow the instructions to Crerate a Norton Account.  You will need to have an email address for the User Name and a password.  You will need to sign into your Norton Account prior to being able to install Norton.    Once Norton is installed yu will be able to locate your PIN by using the More Norton Square on the main Norton dashboard and then selecting Manage my Protection. 

KLet us now how things go nd if yuo run into more difficulty - plese start a new thread.

All Replies

If you already have Norton security suite installed:

Your PIN number is stored in Norton Security_PIN.txt in the following location:

In Windows 10/8/7/Vista: C:\Users\Users Name\My Documents\Symantec\Norton Security_PIN.txt
In Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\\My Documents\Symantec\Norton Security_PIN.txt

New Poster

I'm having the same issue... to the guy who answered the question... you have to actually have Norton installed before to have a pin code. The issue isn't that..... Its being logged into comcast and going to services internet and clicking on download that takes you to nortons website where they ask you to log in. when you log in right away your prompted with needing a 13 digit pin code to get Norton. ….With a fresh install of windows from a wiped drive!.. Upon further investigation Norton is saying I don't have an active account with them. In the top left corner it shows NORTON | XFINITY and my account email address associated with comcast! The issue is on their end with this schit! comcast or Norton either way they need to straighten this out!

Hi leprechaun67, Please see the instructions in the following link for installing Norton:

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Anti-Virus-Software-Internet-Security/NEW-Norton-Security-Online-and-Ho...

After clicking the link in step 3, you will see the following:

Welcome.PNG

As it appers you do niot have a Norton Account, select the Create an Accounta nd follow the instructions to Crerate a Norton Account.  You will need to have an email address for the User Name and a password.  You will need to sign into your Norton Account prior to being able to install Norton.    Once Norton is installed yu will be able to locate your PIN by using the More Norton Square on the main Norton dashboard and then selecting Manage my Protection. 

KLet us now how things go nd if yuo run into more difficulty - plese start a new thread.