Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Getting scam email from Comcast account.

New Poster

Getting scam email from Comcast account.

I have received an email saying that my comcast account was hacked and that I needed to click the link below to verify. I've received the same exact emails for Bank Of America who uses a fake name with Comcast. Net. The one about Comcast comes from a totally different @........ how do I have you guys track this down? How do we make it stop?
Problem Solver

Re: Getting scam email from Comcast account.

Hockeymom67 wrote:
I have received an email saying that my comcast account was hacked and that I needed to click the link below to verify. I've received the same exact emails for Bank Of America who uses a fake name with Comcast. Net. The one about Comcast comes from a totally different @........ how do I have you guys track this down? How do we make it stop?

First of all, it's really easy to fake email addresses. It may or may not be an actual Comcast account that's sending the phishing emails, but those are unfortunately a common fact of life online these days. There's simply no way to avoid those any more than the obnoxious "Rachel from Card Services" telemarketing calls.

Just mark those as Spam to improve the email servers' spam detection, and move on. 

<<<< "Sometimes the best way to learn something is by doing it wrong and looking at what you did." - Neil Gaiman >>>>
New Poster

Re: Getting scam email from Comcast account.

Thank you!
Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation