Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Comcast passwords hacked

New Poster

Comcast passwords hacked

We have been hacked. Our wifi passwords were hacked and our internet monthly data usage exceeded our plan in less than 10 days - even though were were 1500 miles away on vacaySmiley Sad

Last month our netflix account on our comcast fed tv was hijacked and we paid a "ransom" for " service" which ws then ultimately refunded by the hijacker after we reported him to our CC and paypal.

Has comcast been hacked ?? anyone hear of anything?

Admin1

Re: Comcast passwords hacked

Hi Delraydata -- We have not had any data breaches where others could obtain your information. It appears you hacked the old fashioned way. We would recommend changing your passwords, and perhaps making them more complicated, to prevent further hacks. You can report issues or learn more about protecting yourself with this link: http://constantguard.xfinity.com/help/report-abuse/

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

That's bull, mine was hacked, a wireless account was opened and phones have been shipped to different states multiple times.  And this started in September when my internet service shot up to $400 per month because I went over on data usage, but the non-English-speaking customer service reps at comcast just tell you reset your password and never follow up.  They seemed very familiar with the whole thing when I called but no one does much to change it. I am just going to close my Comcast account and use a mobile hotspot.  At least Verizon cares about security.

New Poster

hello comcast  it seems this is all over the internet -- no secret at all

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/oct/16/wpa2-wifi-security-vulnerable-hacking-us-governme...

New Poster