New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

X1 Accessibility Features and Benefits for Customers with Disabilities

Administrator
Administrator

X1 Accessibility Features and Benefits for Customers with Disabilities

Learn which features of XFINITY X1 can provide a more accessible TV experience for XFINITY customers with disabilities.

X1: Key Accessibility Features and Benefits

X1 offers the below key accessibility features that set X1 apart from other TV Box platforms.

If you've got X1, you've got these features! To get X1 or to get help and support with using these accessibility features, just reach out to the Comcast Accessibility Support Center for Customers with Disabilities.

You can learn more about these features and watch video demonstrations at xfinity.com/accessibility.

Voice Guidance

X1 talks. Voice Guidance - the X1 talking guide - speaks on-screen text and options aloud to help you navigate through screens and menus. The feature empowers customers who are visually impaired or have difficulty reading and comprehending the X1 interface to navigate it independently. Voice Guidance is only available on the X1 Operating System from XFINITY.Learn more about the X1 Talking Guide Voice Guidance Feature.

X1 Voice Remote

X1 listens. With the X1 Voice Remote, you can use simple voice commands to change channels, search for shows, enable closed captioning and more. Just say things like “Watch NBC,” “Show me movies about sharks,” “what should I watch?” and much more. The Voice Remote is only available on X1. See xfinity.com/voice-remote-upgrade to learn more.

Video Description

X1 narrates. Video description is a secondary audio program with a narrator that describes what’s happening on the screen, including actions, facial expressions, scene changes, graphics and on-screen text.

Video description is available on all XFINITY TV Boxes. With X1, video description is easier than ever to turn on or off. Learn more about video description

Enhanced Closed Captions

X1 transcribes. Enhanced closed captioning settings give you control over the style of your closed captions - the on-screen transcription of the dialogue and sound effects on the show you’re watching. Ensure caption readability with options like font size, style and color, background color and opacity and more.

Enhanced closed captions are available on all XFINITY HD TV Boxes. With X1, closed captioning options are easier than ever to find and change. Learn more about Closed Captioning on X1.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please mark the Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Please post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark the Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark the Best Answer!solution Icon
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 1 in conversation