Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Remote Control

New Poster

Remote Control

My remote control will only turn the TV on and off, change the volume and channels, but no other buttons work. This is a recent change. Previously, I would hit the guide button and the display would appear. Now nothing happens. I have checked the HDMI connection and all other cables, and they seem to be correct and stable. Can you advise what I can do so my remote works properly again?

Service Expert

Re: Remote Control

JMitchell72 wrote:

My remote control will only turn the TV on and off, change the volume and channels, but no other buttons work. This is a recent change. Previously, I would hit the guide button and the display would appear. Now nothing happens. I have checked the HDMI connection and all other cables, and they seem to be correct and stable. Can you advise what I can do so my remote works properly again?

short answer, reboot the set top box. This happens sometimes when a new firmware is received and the first reboot doesn't initialize or something. 

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon