Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Need a smaller lighter remote for X1, especially in Bedrooms, also remote finder app would be nice

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

Need a smaller lighter remote for X1, especially in Bedrooms, also remote finder app would be nice

This is located in the accessibility section because I suffer from Arthritus and have foot problems and have a X1 box in my bedroom.  Two times now, my X1 remote fell on my foot, both times, I was wearing shoes, but it hit in a part of the shoe that is very soft, right in between the velcro straps and the area where the toes go.  They need to make an X1 Compatible remote that is smaller and lighter in weight with no voice.   I don't need or care to use voice.  Also, it  would be handy to have a remote finder app, maybe you could use an app on your phone and/or a button on the cable box that could communicate with the remote to emit a beep sound to help you find misplaced remotes.

Accepted Solution

Re: Need a smaller lighter remote for X1, especially in Bedrooms, also remote finder app would be ni

Hello dandolgin7, thank you for bringing this to our attention we do listen to customer feedback. Please click on this link and provide your feedback here so that it can be considered in the new remote design and software changes. We also have another remote for X1 that does not have voice control feature, I can't say that it is much lighter but it sounds like it will fit your needs better than the one you currently use. If you would like to swap the remote out I can get one shipped to you, or you can always stop by a local Comcast service center and pick one up there. 

View answer in context
Service Expert

Re: Need a smaller lighter remote for X1, especially in Bedrooms, also remote finder app would be ni

dandolgin7 wrote:

This is located in the accessibility section because I suffer from Arthritus and have foot problems and have a X1 box in my bedroom.  Two times now, my X1 remote fell on my foot, both times, I was wearing shoes, but it hit in a part of the shoe that is very soft, right in between the velcro straps and the area where the toes go.  They need to make an X1 Compatible remote that is smaller and lighter in weight with no voice.   I don't need or care to use voice.  Also, it  would be handy to have a remote finder app, maybe you could use an app on your phone and/or a button on the cable box that could communicate with the remote to emit a beep sound to help you find misplaced remotes.

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Official Employee

Re: Need a smaller lighter remote for X1, especially in Bedrooms, also remote finder app would be...

dandolgin7, thanks for your feedback. We don't have lighter remotes for X1 but we do have the X1 remote app. You can control your X1 box through your mobile device. Here's more: 

https://www.xfinity.com/support/xfinity-apps/setting-up-the-cable-tv-app/

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Official Employee

Hello dandolgin7, thank you for bringing this to our attention we do listen to customer feedback. Please click on this link and provide your feedback here so that it can be considered in the new remote design and software changes. We also have another remote for X1 that does not have voice control feature, I can't say that it is much lighter but it sounds like it will fit your needs better than the one you currently use. If you would like to swap the remote out I can get one shipped to you, or you can always stop by a local Comcast service center and pick one up there. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation