Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Closed Captioning on screen location

Frequent Visitor

Closed Captioning on screen location

It would be real helpful if we would be able to change the location of where the closed captioning appears on the screen. There are numerous shows that have printed comments, explanations, etc. concerning the show and invariably the closed caption wording appears ditectly over the comments making them unreadable. Also, a dedicated or one one button feature to turn CC on or off, now that you got rid of the down arrow automatically landing on the CC option, as opposed to the pause button, which already has a dedicated one button. And I know you can use the B button which takes 3 steps and cuts off the video while you are accessing it.  Is this too much to ask? Oh yeah, and bring back the 24/7 local weather information! It seems like lately Comcast is making a lot of unfavorable changes to their programming and controls without considering or getting any feedback before hand from it customers.

Service Expert

Re: Closed Captioning on screen location

wrote:

It would be real helpful if we would be able to change the location of where the closed captioning appears on the screen. There are numerous shows that have printed comments, explanations, etc. concerning the show and invariably the closed caption wording appears ditectly over the comments making them unreadable. Also, a dedicated or one one button feature to turn CC on or off, now that you got rid of the down arrow automatically landing on the CC option, as opposed to the pause button, which already has a dedicated one button. And I know you can use the B button which takes 3 steps and cuts off the video while you are accessing it.  Is this too much to ask? Oh yeah, and bring back the 24/7 local weather information! It seems like lately Comcast is making a lot of unfavorable changes to their programming and controls without considering or getting any feedback before hand from it customers.

down button and selecting closed captions will stay on CC for 90 minutes of non-use as I recall. Captions are provided by the content providers and there are two flavors, produced recorded shows and live shows. produced shows probably will not often have that issue and if they do you can contact the producer directly to let them know of the issues. Live captions are entered by a service and have a preset area to scroll (like Saturday night live, local news shows etc). the live will often have the issue you described. There is no provision in modern digital captioning to move captions on the screen. Note that I use voice often "captions" to toggle them on/off (weather graphics on the news for example).

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon