Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Closed Captioning not working on movie rentals/purchases On Demand

New Poster

Closed Captioning not working on movie rentals/purchases On Demand

I have been having issues with closed captions not showing up after purchasing or renting movies On Demand. I think I got credit for one purchase, but the last two rentals, no captions. It shows the CC symbol, which should mean closed captions? I am getting frustrated with this,not being able to rent or purchase movies on demand. The CC is set up on the TV and it works for regular programming and recordings. So, it is not the settings. Please advise. Thank you

Service Expert

Re: Closed Captioning not working on movie rentals/purchases On Demand

HeatherMaryOda wrote:

I have been having issues with closed captions not showing up after purchasing or renting movies On Demand. I think I got credit for one purchase, but the last two rentals, no captions. It shows the CC symbol, which should mean closed captions? I am getting frustrated with this,not being able to rent or purchase movies on demand. The CC is set up on the TV and it works for regular programming and recordings. So, it is not the settings. Please advise. Thank you

were these all viewed via a set top box? if so, did you try viewing same title on a desk/laptop or smart device to see if you can see titles? Does this happen to 'free' on-demand titles too?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation